While the Tugela is in production, we wanted to get the ball rolling on our next watch. Even before we launched the Tugela there were a couple of designs that we had in the filing cabinet, just itching to be refined. One being a chronograph watch, the other a pilot watch. We wanted to build up to the chrono – which undoubtedly will be a more complex and expensive watch due to the price of an auto chrono movement – so it was an obvious decision to focus development on the pilot watch.
We looked at many of the vintage flieger and pilot style watches out there. Two things that were most important for pilots of the past were
- Legibility of the dial and hands
- Size of the dial
We’ve made sure that we ticked all these boxes and a few more. The Peregrine will come with the following specs:
- 44mm DLC black or bead-blasted stainless steel case
- 22mm lugs
- BGW9 lume (glows blue in the dark) on the hands and dial. Black or white (full lume)
- 100m water resistance with screw down crown and Viton gaskets
- Exhibition case back with decorated rotor.
- Genuine leather and military canvas strap options
- Miyota 9-series movement
- Price approx. NZ$640
Launching on Kickstarter July 2017.
We’ll be revealing what the secret feature is in the next few weeks. Stay tuned for more info.