In the event that the bezel insert on your Tugela becomes damaged beyond practical use, we do sell replacement bezels that you can easily install yourself. Here are a few tips on how to install a new bezel insert and get it perfect first time:
- Use a strong sharp knife to get under the old insert. I use a swiss army knife blade. Leverage under the bezel from the crystal side and slide the blade all the way around until it comes loose. DO NOT LEVERAGE THE INSERT FROM THE OUTER STEEL EDGE. This will damage the outer edge of the bezel. Note that the inserts on the Tugela are thick and stuck down really well, so it may require some effort to get under it.
- Clean off all the old glue. I use a product called Dissolve It. Whatever works for you.
- Peel off the sticker of the double-sided tape on the new bezel insert.
- Make sure the bezel is lined up with the dot at the top. You will notice the dot once you remove the old one.
- Stick down the new one. Use your thumb to apply firm pressure to ensure the insert is flush with the bezel and crystal.